About Let's Talk Energy
What Is Let's Talk Energy?
The Let’s Talk Energy initiative invites all people in Canada to explore energy systems, and to reflect on the relationship between energy, the economy and the environment. Let’s Talk Energy also seeks to connect people in Canada with the realities of our changing climate. We deliver all of our programming aiming to be holistic in our storytelling so that the people we reach leave us more empowered in their own lives to make informed decisions about energy and climate change.
Let's Talk Energy brings together a national network of partners and allies to inform and engage people in Canada on energy and climate change topics. The initiative works to:
- Further energy and climate change literacy amongst people in Canada
- Maximize the number of people in Canada engaged in a dialogue on our energy and climate change futures
- Educate people in Canada on the important role science and technology play and has played in shaping our energy past, present and future.
We do this using...
- Exhibitions (in house and travelling)
- School Programs and Kits
- Lesson Plans and infographics
- Social Media programming, outreach, and engagement
- Virtual Tools
- Outreach at events
To date our efforts have resulted in
- 13+ million people reached since 2011
- 46,000+ websites visits per year
- 6 award winning exhibitions
- Annual social media reach of 2+ million